Amanda McBride, IOM – Chamber Director
Amanda McBride, IOM, is the Chamber Director for the Choctaw County Partnership. She has worked in community development for eight years with the Choctaw County Partnership – Chamber of Commerce.
Last year, Amanda completed the Mississippi Economic Development Council’s Emerging Leaders Fellows program and is currently enrolled in the Community Development Institute (CDI). She has completed Year 1 and Year 2 of CDI and is looking forward to finishing the program and earning her PCED designation. In addition, Amanda earned her IOM designation in 2018 when she completed the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management. She also earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication with an emphasis in Journalism from Mississippi State University.
In 2018 – 2019, she also completed the Mississippi Development Authority’s Aspire Mississippi Program and the ACT Work Ready Communities Boot Camp.
Outside of community and economic development, Amanda loves to spend time with her husband, Josh, and their two children, Hope, 12, and Luke, 8. In addition, Amanda writes as a freelance journalist taping into her journalism background when she has time.
She is a member of the Ackerman Elementary School PTO, serves as a stringer for the Associated Press, and volunteers with her children’s sports teams.
Board of Directors
The Chamber Board of Directors are members from different aspects of the community, and each director brings a unique perspective to the board. The Board of Directors provides ideas, guidance, and vision for the Chamber of Commerce.
The 2023 – 2024 Board of Directors are:
- Suellen Clement, President – Insurance Agent with Renasant Insurance
- Cheryl McIntire, Vice President – Business Manager with the Mississippi Lignite Mine – Red Hills Mine
- Cristin Chandler, Secretary/Treasurer – Director of the Choctaw County Library System
- Juliette Ashford, Human Resources Administrative Assistant and Receptionist with the Choctaw Regional Medical Center
- Candice Baxter, Loan Clerk at the Bank of Kilmichael
- Kellie Cauthen, Co-Owner at K&M Portables
- Cater Wood, Alfa Insurance – Insurance Agent with Dakota Brasher Alfa Insurance Agency